Main Article Content
At the beginning of 2020, the world was shocked by the outbreak of the corona virus (Covid-19) which has infected almost all countries in the world. The Ministry of Health has designated local Transmission areas in North Kalimantan, namely Bulungan Regency and Malinau Regency. The impact of COVID-19 on Individuals and Communities can increase stress and anxiety, both because of fear of catching the virus and also because of uncertainty about how the outbreak will affect us socially and economically. The purpose of this study was to describe the level of stress and stress coping of the people of Tana Tidung Regency during the Covid-19 period. This research method uses a quantitative approach that is descriptive in nature, this study has respondents from among workers and non-workers, ages from 19-55 years. The results of the research show that the people of Tana Tidung Regency have a low stress level. This occurs because the first few factors the community has understood the appropriate strategy if they experience a problem, the strategy that is often used by the people of Tana Tidung Regency in dealing with stress is Emotion Focused Coping (EFC), besides that the second factor - on average, the subject is another working community, Tana Tidung Regency Government has handled it very well during the Covid-19 period.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Folkman, S & Lazarus, R. 1985. If It Must Be a Process” Study of Emotion and Coping During Three Stages of a College Examination. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology: American Psychological Association, Inc.
- Folkman, S & Lazarus, R. 1980. An analysis of coping in a middle-aged community sample. Journal of health and social behavior, vol. 21, No. 3: American sociological association.
- Gunawati, Hartati, Listiara. 2006. Hubungan Antara Efektivitas Komunikasi Mahasiswa-Dosen Pembimbing Utama Skripsi Dengan Stres Dalam Menyusun Skripsi Pada Mahasiswa Program Studi Psikologi Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Diponegoro. Jurnal Psikologi Universitas Diponegoro Vol.3 No.2: Program Studi Psikologi Universitas Diponegoro.
- Herman, J & Tetrick L. 2009. Problem Focused Versus Emotion Focused Coping Strategies and Repatriation Adjusment. Human Resource Management: Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Huffman, Karen; Vernoy, Mark; Vernoy, Judith. 2000. Psychology In Action 5th Edition. United States of America: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Koentjaraningrat. 2004. Kebudayaan, Mentalitas. dan Pembangunan. Gramedia Jakarta.
- Krischer, M; Penney, L; Hunter, E. 2010. Can Counterproductive Work Behaviors Be Productive? CWB as Emotion-Focused Coping. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology: American Psychology Association.
- McEwen, B. S. 2009. Homeostatis, Rheostatis, Allostasis and Allostatic load. New york, NY, USA: Elsevier.
- Taliziduhu, Ndraha. 1990. Pembangunan Masyarakat, Mempersiapkan Masyarakat Tinggal Landas. Rineke Cipta. Bandung.
- Lazarus,R; Folkman, S; Schetter,C; DeLongis, Anita; Gruen, R. 1986. Dynamics of a Stressful Encounters: Cognitiver Appraisal, Coping, and Encounter Outcomes. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology: University of California, Berkeley.