Main Article Content
Anxiety is an uncomfortable feeling that arises when a person faces problems. This study aims to describe students’ anxiety in solving problems based on gender. This research is a qualitative descriptive research with intrinsic case study approach. In this research, the data was collected by video recording, interview and test. Instruments used in this study are video, interview guides, and questions of test. The validity of data was tested by using time triangulation. The subjects were confident when they had solved the problems faced. Subject 2 misunderstood about the basic knowledge and BEP formula, which can be seen from her answers. In solving problems, the subjects forgot about BEP formula, could not concentrate, and were confused in solving the problems faced. The subjects were not confident when they succeeded in solving the problems they faced.
- Alnasser, N., Shaban, S. O., ZiadAl-Zubi, Z., & AL-Zaytoonah. (2014). The Effect of Using Break-Even-Point in Planning, Controlling, and Decision Making in the Industrial Jordanian Companies. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 4.
- Aswal, P., Kumar, M., & Gupta, A. (2014). A Study on the Organisational Output by Concluding Break Even Point through the Application of Matlab Simulink Method. International Journal Management Business, 4(1), 35–41.
- Bogdan, R. C. & Biklen, S. K. (1998). Qualitative Research for Education: An Introduction to Theory and Methods. Boston: Alyyn & Bacon.
- Charles Ogan, G. (2015). Gender Influence on Study Habits of Mathematics Students’ Achievement. International Journal of Academic Research and Reflection, 3, 24–28.
- Cooke, A. et al. (2011). Situational Effect of Mathematics Anxiety in Pre-service Teacher Education. In Proceedings AARE International Research in Education Conference. Melbourne.
- Eden, C., Heine, A., & Jacobs, A. M. (2013). Matematics Anxiety and Its Development in the Course of Formal Schooling: A Review. Psychology, 4, 6A2, 27–35.
- Erdogan, A., et al. (2012). Prediction of High School Students’ Mathematics Anxiety by Their Achievement Motivation and Social Comparison. Elementary Education Online, 10(2), 646–652.
- Ford, T. E., Ford, B. L., Boxer, C. F., & Amstrong, J. (2012). Effect of Humor on State Anxiety and Math Performance. Humor, 25, 59–74.
- Idris, N. (2006). Exploring the Effects of Ti-84 Plus on Achievement and Anxiety in Mathematics. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 2(3), 66–78.
- Jabor, K. M., Machtmes, K., Kungu, K., Buntat, Y., & Nordin, M. S. (2011). The Influence of Age and Gender on the Students’ Achievement in Mathematics. In International Conference on Social Science and Humanity IPEDR vol.5. Singapore: IACSIT Press.
- Khatoon, T., & Mahmood, S. (2010). Mathematics Anxiety Among Aecondary School Students in India and Its Relationship to Achievement in Mathematics. European Journal of Social Science, 16(1), 75–86.
- Peker, M. (2009). Pre-service Teachers’ Teaching Anxiety about Mathematics and Their Learning Style. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science, & Technology Education, 5(4), 335–345.
- Ranjan, D., & Gunendra Chandra, D. (2013). Math Anxiety: The Poor Problem Solving Factor in School Mathematics. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 3(4 April).
- Saeed, D., Hassan, A., & Saeed, D. (2012). Experimental Research about Effect of Mathematics Anxiety, Working Memory Capacity on Students’ Mathematical Performance with Three Different Types of Learning Methodsno Title. ARPN Journal of Science and Technology, 2.
- Sarah, S. W., Maria, B., Hitha, A., Vanessa, M., & Vinod, M. (2012). Math Anxiety in Second and Third Graders and Its Relation to Mathematics Achievement. Frontiers in PSYCHOLOGY, 3.
- Suárez-Pellicioni, M., Maria Isabel, N.-P., & Àngels, C. (2016). Math Anxiety: A Review of Its Cognitive Consequences, Psychophysiological Correlates, and Brain Bases. Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci, 16, 3–22.
- Sugihastuti, & Sastriyani, S. H. (2007). Glosarium Seks dan Gender. Yogyakarta: Carasvati Books.